This Bread is absolutely delicious! Super easy to make! No kneading at all, zero!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups lukewarm water (mix 1 1/2 cold water with 1/2 cup boiling water)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant or active dry yeast
- room temp. butter about 2 tbsp (for bowls)
- Mix all ingredients together in one large bowl. I just use a fork to mix just enough that it forms a sticky dough. Divide into 2 buttered bread pans or 2 buttered pyrex bowls (the old 442 size works perfect) or any similar size baking dishes will do.
- Next let them rise for 1 hour, covered. For the second rise divide dough into 2 buttered bread pans or 2 buttered pyrex bowls (the old 442 size works perfect) or any similar size baking dishes will do. Do not cover this time, brush olive oil on top if you like a crispier top. This rise is for 30 min.
- Preheat oven for 425 F, bake for 15 min, then reduce oven temperature to 375 F, bake for an additional 15 min. No need to wait for oven to reach the lower temp, just start timer when you adjust temp.